Do you know your dogs can easily eat anything if they fall on the floor?
It’s crucial to be aware of what your dog eats because certain things that you eat can be very harmful, if not fatal, to your dogs.
So I wanted to create this article on the ten things you need to be aware might attack your dog’s health.
Suppose you have a dog because if you drop some food on the floor, you need to know if it’s poisonous or not. Certain things that are not poisonous to us are toxic, but they can be harmful to dogs.
Let’s dive into.
Avocados are good for the human body. How about dogs?
Our body has an enzyme to break down avocados, but dogs don’t.
There’s a particular natural fungicide in avocados called the person in the Leafs. It’s in the outer skin and the pit, and our bodies have an enzyme to break it down, but dogs don’t. (source)
A fungicide in avocados might cause a digestive problem in dogs. They lead to some heart problems.
Get it out of his mouth if you see your dog trying to eat an avocado.
Avocados have significant benefits for human health. But, it’s toxic for dogs.
We like caffeine.
It’s like a cultural thing, and we consume caffeine beverages such as tea, coffee, and chocolate.
For us, coffee isn’t evil if you consume a moderate amount. However, if you have anxiety, definitely stay away or lower your caffeine intake as much as you can.
When dogs consume caffeine, their digestive system rapidly.
So, is that problem?
For dogs, yes. They lead to an increase in their pulse rate and increase dogs’ anxiety.
More caffeine even leads to more severe problems such as seizures. After consuming caffeine, dogs might get excessively thirsty and even lack coordination. Why? Because caffeine affects the nerve system.
Theobromine: Chocolate has another stimulant called theobromine. This substance increases cognitive functions for human and even help focus.
However, theobromine is toxic for dogs and even other animals.
Be mindfull what you have, and please don’t offer your dog chocolate!
4- Grapes or raisins.
Grapes have some antioxidant that is helpful for humans. Yet, the chemical called tartaric acid might be harmful to dogs.
When dogs consume tartaric acid-rich foods, it leads to extreme thirst!
It’s not surprising alcohol affects animals too.
Research shows that alcohol increases anxiety and depression behavior people.
However, when it comes to dogs, it is the worst! Dogs can’t metabolize alcohol effectively. Some of the symptoms when dogs consume alcohol
- Low body temperature
- Loss of coordination
If the dogs consume a high amount, it leads to death.
You didn’t expect salt can cause a problem for dogs. But, yes.
A high amount of salt can cause a problem. Too much sodium can cause hypernatremia, edema, and fever.
Some dogs might be more affected by sodium because disorder called “Addison’s. disease”
You probably already know this one: Xylitol.
In dogs, even tiny doses of Xylitol can result in hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), seizures, liver failure, and even death.
This sweeter type is an excellent ketogenic diet, but not for your dogs.
The side effect when your dog consumes Xylitol :
- Liver damage
- Blood sugar issues
Other things you might consider:
- Garlic, onions, and chives: Garlic is toxic for dogs. However, some people might give their pets a little bit of garlic. Research shows that 15 to 30 grams per kilogram of body weight can lead to toxic effects on the dog’s blood.
- Apples, cherries, apricots, peaches, and plums: These fruits have cyanide. This is toxic for dogs. It can lead to severe damage such as breathing difficulty and oxygen deficiency.
- Yeast: Like alcohol, eating yeast is toxic for dogs. Why? When dogs eat yeast, that produces ethanol in their blood and causes alcohol poisoning. Yeast also causes stomach discomfort to dogs.
- Spinach: Spinach is the source of magnesium, potassium, and vitamins. Yet, spinach is toxic for dogs because of oxalic acid. It might not affect if your dog consumes a tiny amount. However, make sure you won’t overdo it.
What Can Eat My Dogs?
The good news is there is an excellent opportunity for dogs.
Yes, I understand people wanted to increase the amount of food their pets.
Let’s check what you can give your dog.
- Peanut Butter: High in protein and delicious. You can give peanut butter to your dog but only a limited amount.
- Eggs: Great protein and choline source! But make sure do not give a raw egg.
- Sardines: Yes, it’s high in omega-3 and vitamins
- Blueberries: Blueberries are high in antioxidants. Also high in fiber and other nutritions. Dogs can eat blueberries.
- Watermelon: Be careful when you introduce fructose-rich foods such as watermelon. However, watermelon is safe but be careful it doesn’t contain any seeds!
- Brocolli: Dogs can eat brocolli. Yet, some elements inside broccoli may lead to digestive discomfort in dogs.
- Coconut: Like a cat, coconut is also safe for dogs.
- Cashews: Unlike other nuts, moderation amount of cashews is okay for dogs
Is ghee good for dogs’ health?
Ghee is suitable for dogs. Improve their satiety and calorie intake while increasing the absorption the fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamin D, A, and E.
Is kiwi good for dogs’ health?
Kivi has enzymes and antioxidants inside, such as vitamin C more than orange. That way, it’s helpful to humans as well as dogs too. However, do not give too many sugary foods to your dogs.
Can mushrooms be okay for a dog’s health?
Salt is not good for dogs. The good news is mushrooms have low salt, high vitamin B, protein, and minerals. Also, mushrooms are low-calorie foods that help a dog’s diet.
Why People Like Pets?
Most pet owners are aware of the direct benefits of having pets in their lives.
However, many of us are unaware of the physical and mental health advantages that may accompany the joy of having too few friends.
How do dogs improve your mental health?
Our body secretes oxytocin chemicals called the love hormone when we touch dogs. This is beneficial for mental health. You can battle handle your loneliness with your dogs because they are a great friend! Dogs are pretty emotional animals compared to other animals. So, they love you more than most people.
Studies have demonstrated that the human-animal bond is beneficial to our health. (source)
Why are cats healthier than dogs?
It’s about adaptation. Cats are adaptive creatures, which they can most place. Besides, cats can live alone, and actually, they are not dependent on social connections like a dog. These things give them an advantage in adapting the living with people. Lastly, dogs have had too much genetic manipulation due to artificial insemination over the past years. It happened to cats but was lower than in dogs.
How to keep your dog’s teeth healthy?
Optimizing a dog’s gut is the most critical aspect of healthy teeth. You can brush your dog’s teeth with a dog toothbrush and dog-safe toothpaste. Besides, more raw bones and coconut oils might be helpful for the dog’s overall health and teeth health. For dogs, turmeric has anti-inflammatory, which prevents overall infection, including teeth.
It could be best if you take your pet’s health like yours.
As we saw, some foods might be safe, and others harmful. The foods should be introduced into your dog’s diet slowly.
Don’t give overdose any foods on your dogs even if they call it safe. Depend on; Every dog has a different tolerance level.
Try to optimize your dog’s health and avoid things it may cause damage.
Take Care of Your Pet’s Health