The present moment is only the moment we are living in. However, your mind is constantly working on; we are losing a present moment, focused on too much material life leads to walking together anxiety and depression.
Inner peace comes from how deeply connected the present moment is. Stressful life, the overactive amygdala will imprison the future or past. When that happens, we are losing the present moment.
Buddhism, Taoism, Zen, and other philosophies teach us how to live with peace, kindness, compassion, and calming sensations. So, they cultivate the types of meditation techniques for this.
Mindfulness techniques are well supported by research. However, mindfulness meditation might not ways fit you. Don’t be restricted yourself; research.
Here Are The Types Of Meditations.
A lot of meditations are available; here are some of them.
- Guided meditations: Guided meditations are becoming increasingly popular in modern society. This is because they are relaxing, and the process can be more efficient than other relaxation techniques. They allow the body to release tension, reduce anxiety and stress, promote healthy sleeping habits, and improve mental health. Also, it’s easy to follow.
- Mantra Meditation: Mantra meditation is a time-honored tradition of chanting a mantra. A mantra is an ancient Sanskrit word meaning “thought” or “sacred utterance.” You can practice mantra meditation anywhere at any time. It has the power to transform a person’s mind by removing mental clutter and increasing peace of mind.
- Mindfulness Meditation: Mindfulness meditation focuses on sustaining one’s attention in the present moment, and it entails the practice of maintaining a non-judgmental awareness of one’s thoughts and feelings. (source) The default mode network (DMN), sometimes known as the “monkey mind,” governs daydreaming and self-referential. Yale University found that mindfulness meditation lowers DMN activation, which lower “ego.” (source)
- Metta Meditation: Metta meditation is a Buddhist practice to create love, kindness, and compassion. It can be used as a form of self-compassion and self-love. In this guided meditation, you will be shown how to do metta meditation and what to do if you experience difficulties.
- Body scan meditation: Body scan meditation is a form of mindfulness meditation. In this form of meditation, you focus on the sensations of your body. Typically, you start at your toes and work your way up to the top of your head. This meditation can help improve concentration, reduce stress and anxiety, treat insomnia, and help people with chronic pain disorders.
- Visualization: This technique is a form of meditation that creates a mental image to represent the desired outcome. It is often paired with breathing techniques and meditation to reinforce the goal. Not only does this exercise calm the mind and lower stress, but it also improves mood and can even optimize performance at work, in the gym, and overall life. Professional athletes and CEOs often use the tactic before important events or make it part of their daily morning routine.
Meditation is practiced in numerous religious traditions. The earliest records of meditation (dhyana) are found in the Upanishads of Hindu philosophy, and meditation plays a salient role in the contemplative repertoire of Buddhism and Hinduism.
Other meditation techniques include Five-element, Microcosmic orbit meditation, and Taoist Qigong energy cultivation techniques. It involves deep breathing exercises in conjunction with meditation and concentration techniques which develop the flow of qi along certain energy pathways in the human body, which may be familiar to those studying traditional Chinese medicine.
However, not all meditation types target the same things. Some of them increase overall health and energy, and some of them have more spiritual purposes.
Also, observe yourself. If you are angry, stressed, and have a hatred of people, loving-kindness meditation would be best.
It will be a good mantra chanting or other types of meditation if you have focused problems.
It would be best to focus on some energy mediations if you have low-level energy.
As you can see, it mainly depends on your character. For me, I am using mixed meditations. Sometimes moving, sometimes visual, sometimes body-scan meditation.
Instead of philosophy, I need to understand my jealousy, anger, and other types of negative emotions that suck my energy. ( They’re not wrong, of course, this is another area we can discuss.)
I’m working on them using techniques such as Cognitive behavior therapy, Hypnosis, and other things to convert that emotion into a better way. Yet, if you are like this, you can try to calm the mind using some forgiveness techniques or consciously work on them.
Some people do have not that issues that are simple and do not observe questions or other things about society.
So, you might be different. Some people can be living in a calm state. If so, it’s better to focus on some spiritual philosophy and meditation types, such as Zen and Buddhist meditation. More reading about philosophy asks a question.
Related: How To Become more Spiritual?
If you have anger, Jealousy, or Hatred, How Can You Reach The Higher-self?
This emotion such as hunger. They need to be solved, understood, and cultivated positively.
When I say I didn’t emphasize to you, “ignore” them. You can’t stop the emotions. But, before doing the advanced level of meditation, it would be best if you solve some of the emotional issues using Cognitive behavior therapy and other types of things.
Destructive emotions can be a distraction regarding the advanced level of meditation.
So, how can we take another level of meditation to a more advanced level?
It depends on your current level. Ask yourself these:
- Do you have emotional problems? If so, the emotions suck most of your energy. Are you in a balanced state?
- Do you believe in mystical things, such as energy healing, awakening, and other types of things
If so, you will try to find information about it. For example, you can read spiritual people’s philosophy, thoughts, and guides:
- Lao Tzu
- Eckhart Tolle
- Mantak Chia
And another type of mystical people’s life, philosophy, and mind. That will help you observe, decide and make a decision.
Why it’s important?
When it comes to the high level of meditation, people always think it is absurd. No, it’s not.
The information from other people will affect your energy, emotions, and overall philosophy about life. That’s why you are now reading these articles.
We are connected through the collective mind. Reading and digesting other spiritual people’s knowledge and philosophy helps you take meditation to the next level.
No. Sorry, but you wanted to increase your meditation next level holistically. So, it would help if you did those things before the advanced level of meditation practice here:
- Question everything about society, including your belief system. That will open a new gate about human life, experience, and other things. That’s why you get impressed with spiritual things, you questioned.
- Read Socrates, Epicurus, and other types of ancient philosophy because of improving your higher thinking skills. The more you think and question, the more you will use your creative mind to connect the subconscious and collective human library. And also, you will the question you will ask might improve! The more you read philosophy, the more quality of questions about existence, life, and other types of questions quality will increase.
- Take care of your health: People think the body isn’t spiritual, but it’s wrong. The more healthy you have a body, the more you will connect to the higher self.
The practice of meditation, such as guided mindfulness meditation, is suitable for beginners.
Why is body health important?
If you have a very healthy body, you will get better sleep, deep sleep, fewer stress hormones called cortisol, a more sharp brain, and better quality of orgasm.
This will lead you to more focused spiritual things. Otherwise, you will crave more about orgasm, sleep, etc.
The better you sleep, the more dopamine, serotonin, and other positive chemicals you store. This will lead you to less crave sugary foods and other unhealthy things.
Ohh. I think you got the point!
And lastly, your brain waves mainly depend on your emotional, cognitive, and other types of things you are doing.
If you have a healthy life, you will secrete more “melatonin,” which converts the future of DMT.
A healthy life is a key to secret “melatonin,” which converts the future of DMT. Melatonin helps us sleep, and when we sleep, we secrete it. It also suppresses appetite and helps regulate mood. Many people with depression or anxiety might feel better after a good night’s sleep.
DMT is a psychedelic compound that is naturally produced in the human brain. It plays an important role in dreaming. DMT is also known as the spirit molecule which induces intense hallucinations. DMT is also called spiritual hormones.
Take meditation next level; you need to take care of your health and optimize all positive chemicals.
A meditative state can be an excellent feeling and relaxation response for our mind. You can use meditation music for a while.
Lower your stress
Recent electroencephalograph (EEG) studies have shown that the greatest philosophers, thinkers, designers, and artists use both brain hemispheres together.
Meditation aims to bring both hemispheres of the brain into equilibrium, pushing them to operate in harmony. When you reach “whole brain synchronization,” you will see tremendously beneficial changes in hemisphere blood flow and chemistry.
It’s same applies here. The less you stress, the more spiritual you will become, improving your meditations’ quality, quantities, and other aspects.
To lower stress, you can use some herbs, such as Rhodiola Rosea.
You can also use some minerals such as magnesium, potassium, etc.
- If you take meditation to the next level, optimize your stress level. Meditation will help lower stress; however, sometimes, it won’t be effective. If so, try some of the herbs, such as Rhodiola Rosea.
- The less you stress, the more spiritual chemicals, such as melatonin, DMT, and others, will be secreted. You will be less distracted by environmental things. Isn’t it wise?
- Avoid Wifi and EMF: Long-term occupational exposure to ELF-EMF may lead to depression, stress, anxiety, and poor quality sleep. The results showed that WiFi caused a significant rise in anxiety and changed the way the body moved. (source) You can protect the body from potentially harmful ambient electromagnetic radiation (EMFs) with grounding.
- Less stress also leads to suppressing hunger and managing blood sugar better way. Just think, if you are always hungry, how can you focus on meditation? How can you relax while craving sugary foods and your blood sugar is unbalanced?
If you think about the Eastern spiritual people always focused on the healthy body.
All Taoist philosophies give importance to longevity and a healthy body.
Microcosmic orbit meditation, Qigong, Innersmiles, Six Healing Sounds, and other types of meditation created that reason.
The more your body is healthy, the more you will hold “energy” via mitochondria. That makes your brain works better!
So, Taoist belief is that body health is the first and most important thing for advanced levels of meditation.
Ways to meditate
There are tons of meditative things available. Most of them increase consciousness, well-being, and stress reduction.
Yet, like me, suppose you analyze people’s behavior, categorize them, question society, and observe people too badly. In that case, you might need a different kind of meditation than others.
Suppose that overthinking, observing, and philosophy make you miserable. In that case, you might need to open more gratitude practice in your life.
Some people can easily “believe” what they hear; some do not like me. So, the benefits of meditation are well known, and daily meditation even helps your brain health and grey matter!
If you have a scientific mindset, the best way to increase your knowledge about meditation, read articles on history, philosophy, or more.
Most of the population doesn’t need those. So, for example, loving-kindness meditation can be beneficial to most people. But if you have a skeptic, you should observe, challenge, or research that.
Learning how to meditate isn’t hard to practice, but hard to self-discipline and consistency. How many people can follow the art of meditation for more than eight weeks?
- Meditation techniques can be different; if you like me like a skeptic or can’t understand if you don’t know details, you should focus on those issues first. So, research, read, ask and learn. Without it, you can’t take meditation to the next level because you have bias.
- The best meditation is the fittest one for your needs. So, if you have a problem with trust issues, try compassionate meditations or loving-kindness meditation for eight weeks. If it works, well. If not, try another one.
- Read meditation books and understand the knowledge. If anything makes you a question, read more until you find the answer.
- Understand human behavior: We need to create positive habits, but it’s hard. Become aware those your procrastination side, and work on them. You can’t just say, “oh, I did a meditation two times and it won’t work.” It would help if you created a positive lifestyle. You should do daily 10-minute meditations for at least three months to see the benefits.
- Breathing: If you bring more oxygen to bear on your spiritual practice, things will suddenly change. Controlled breathing, in addition to fasting, is a part of many religious and meditative practices
Always breathe in and out through your nose. Mouth breathing also lowers the amount of CO2 in your body and makes it harder for you to remove harmful particles from the air. When you breathe through your mouth, your heart rate and blood pressure can go up, which can make you feel tired and dizzy.
Change The Way You Think
Reading about Rumi, and Lao Tzu, and doing Yoga and meditation are good ways to start the change your philosophy and energy. There are also free guided meditations available on youtube. You do not need to pay a big amount of money.
However, neuroscience is starting to discover our minds mostly get calm if we continue to meditate for a long time. Meditation and relaxation also lead to better control of your body and mind and feed your spiritual level through energy.
The more we discover, the better we understand brain waves, chemicals, sleep, and the list. So, without understanding it, taking meditation level is next level hard.