When you walk barefoot on a sandy beach or a dew-covered field, can you feel a gentle tingling or warmth flowing up from your feet? Did your walk give you a fresh start? If you did, you felt the Earth give your body energy.
Not all people are aware that We are living on a planet that is full of natural energies. Its surface is full of frequencies that pulse in a way most people don’t understand. Who thinks of the sand, grass, sidewalk, or dirt under their feet as a field of energy? No way.
Even today, most individuals are completely oblivious of their bioelectrical nature. Almost no one thinks their body and the Earth are electrically or energetically connected. No one in school learns about it. So no one knows that we are mostly cut off from the Earth and no longer connected to it. In developed societies, especially, we have forgotten where electricity came from.
- Grounding restores your body’s natural internal electrical balance and rhythms, promoting the proper functioning of bodily systems such as the cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, and immunological systems.
- The Earth itself is the original anti-inflammatory. And the planet itself is the biggest electron donor on the planet.
- Electron deficiency can cause inflammation. It corrects an electron shortage to minimize inflammation, a prevalent cause of illness. It transforms the neurological system from stress-dominated to tranquil, allowing you to sleep better.
- The heart is an electrical organ. Each heartbeat is triggered by an electrical signal from the heart muscle, which an EKG records. Heart disease can disrupt electrical and pumping functions. Problems with the electrical system can make it hard for the heart to pump blood efficiently. Earthing and mitochondria health is the key to maintaining heart health.
What is Earthing?
Earthing is when you connect your body to the Earth’s constant and gentle surface energies. It means walking barefoot outside and sitting, working, or sleeping inside while connected to a conductive device that sends the Earth’s natural healing energy into your body.
Your body is filled with negative-charged free electrons, abundant on the Earth’s surface. Plus, through earthing, most people experience a pleasant, tingling sensation, and emotions of relaxation as well as well-being.
So, we can say that “Earthing” is one of the most natural and risk-free activities you can engage in.
What Is The Purpose of Earthing?
There should not be a “purpose” become connecting and spending time the nature. But simple, if for better health and cortisol reduction as well as spiritual well-being.
When your mitochondria exhaust their electrons, the “used” electrons generally bind to oxygen molecules, and that extra electrons can go to any electrical ground, even the Earth itself. That’s why you’re feeling better.
When you walk barefoot on grass or the beach, you feel stimulated, which is why Electrically earthing yourself might help you sleep better, minimize inflammation, and eliminate jet lag.
Research provides that Earthing can help:
- Reduces or eliminates the symptoms of many inflammation-related illnesses by defusing the source of the inflammation.
- Reduces stress and promotes relaxation in the body by calming the neurological system and stress hormones.
- Regulates the biological rhythms of the body.
- Thins the blood while increasing blood pressure and flow.
- It helps to relieve muscular tension and headaches.
- Protects the body from potentially harmful ambient electromagnetic radiation (EMFs).
Did you know that Cell phones produce EMFs?
In one study, sperm exposed to EMFs had fewer antioxidants and an 85percent increase in free radicals (source).
Sperm are some of the highest energy consumers in the body—their little mitochondria are pumping at full power to provide energy for their one-time race to an egg. However, grounding can help and improve the ability to handle EMF.
Even athletes who function at the highest levels of human physical performance have learned to anchor and connect to the Earth’s inherent energy.
The first few times someone is grounded at night, they may experience tingling in their bodies. It doesn’t feel bad. It’s the same feeling when doing the same advantage level of the Wim-Hof breathing method.
You are not being electrocuted, so don’t worry!
Simply put, you are experiencing the natural, healing energy of the Earth entering your body.
The first re-energizing, re-synchronizing, and normalizing impacts that this transfer of energy produces are what cause the tingling.
Cortisol Levels Before And After Grounding
Any stress, real or imagined, physical or psychological, causes your adrenal glands to release a stress hormone called: “cortisol.”
Cortisol is not inherently dangerous. This hormone regulates blood sugar levels, metabolism, immunological response, inflammation, blood pressure, and activation of the central nervous system.
We require a certain cortisol level, and we require more of it during times of stress.
One example of that, The Anti-aging and Cellular Detox Process called “Autophagy,” triggered by Energy deprivation as well as metabolic stress and exercise.
This is why your body increases cortisol as part of the fight-or-flight reaction. However, Our stress response is so often stimulated that our cortisol levels are always advanced. Chronic stress causes various issues, including impaired metabolism and also causes of even binge eating.
Elevating plasma cortisol levels and causing the production of excess free radicals. Plus, high cortisol levels combined with excess free radicals may increase the brain’s vulnerability to oxidative stress, which may adversely affect neurobehavioral health and even cause Anxiety and Depression. (Anxiety-Inflammation Connection)
Some studies showed that one hour of grounding therapy could enhance well-being and mood considerably.
Sure, there are certain things that can help you, “earthing” is one of them.
More information: The Ultimate Guide for Becoming Calm Person
How Cortisol Works Under Stress
HPA Axis: Hypothalamus ➛ Pituitary gland ➛ Adrenal glands Amygdala ➛ Hypothalamus (corticotropin-releasing hormone [CRH]) ➛ Pituitary gland (adrenocorticotropic hormone [ACTH]) ➛ Adrenal glands (Cortisol) ➛ Circulation
20 Minutes it’s Okey For Health Problems
The body evolved using Earth’s electrical energy (ground) to maintain electrical stability for self-regulating and self-healing systems.
People typically experience a healing reaction following twenty to thirty minutes of earthing. However, pain relief can happen considerably more quickly.
Daily grounding reduced skin conductance immediately (within seconds), indicating quick parasympathetic nervous system activation. When the parasympathetic nervous system is activated, it produces a calm and relaxed feeling in the mind and body same as a Meditation or Hypnosis State.
They found an increase in breathing, stability of blood oxygenation, and balanced heart rate. These changes occurred 20 minutes after grounding and may indicate a healing response requiring more oxygen.
Reducing cortisol is unique. Become under cortisol, you most likely experience
Other Techniques For Lowering Cortisol:
- Laugh long and loudly for no apparent reason. Laughing increases endorphin production in the brain while decreasing cortisol, a stress hormone.
- Magnesium level: Some studies have shown that the mineral positively affects the human brain. Consuming foods high in magnesium can help boost the antidepressant effect. Some foods rich in magnesium include spinach, avocado, dark chocolate, and beans.
- According to research, a supplement containing Rhodiola Rosea can help boost one’s mood. Anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective properties reduce stress and fatigue. Rhodiola boosts mental and physical performance, including resilience.
- Meditation: There have been numerous studies of the association of meditation with improved physiological functioning, including increased relaxation and reduced stress levels. There is an increase in calming hormones such as serotonin and melatonin and a decrease in stress hormones such as cortisol—meditation results in improved sleep patterns in insomniacs.
- Proper Breathing: The most fundamental of all breathing strategies is always breathing through your nose. Mouth breathing causes hyperventilation, which reduces tissue oxygenation. (which increases cortisol level) Mouth breathing also reduces CO2 levels in your body and your ability to filter harmful contaminants from the air. Mouth breathing can also raise your heart rate and blood pressure, which can cause lethargy and dizziness. (source)
Why is Proper Breathing Such A Important For Stress-Management?
Glutamate, the brain’s primary excitatory neurotransmitter, doesn’t work as well with neuroreceptors when brain cells don’t get enough oxygen. Because of this, glutamate can build up in brain cells and become toxic, resulting in neuron damage and, eventually, neuron death. There are some of the supplements, such as N-acetyl Cysteine, that can help to overcome build-up glutamate toxicity.
Going back to our subject, the cortisol and adrenaline coursing through your body have several effects on your physiology. For one, heart rate and blood pressure go way up. Pupils dilate. Salivary secretion halts and digestion slows down
Lowering Stress With Taoist Chi Self-Massage
What if ancient Taoist secrets were widely accessible? Good news! Taoism’s secrets are out.
Taoists have always looked and functioned like they were at least 20 years younger, from ancient times to today. When it comes to lowering stress and longevity, Taoist masters have worked on it for more than 4.000 years.
For Taoists, Chi Self-Massage rejuvenation works by clearing blockages from the various senses and vital organs’ meridians or energy channels.
This is done by directing energy, or chi, from the genital organs and anus to the face, hands, and senses. Taoist believe we are holistic human beings and connect our body, as well as our body collects all of the negative and positive emotions.
Chi Self Massage stimulates positive emotional and personal transformations by invigorating organs that store and generate good and negative feelings.
Daily 10 minutes is enough for that.
“I’ve been teaching this easy chi self-massage for 10 years, and throughout that time I’ve seen a lot of individuals utilize it to enhance their social, personal, and emotional life. For instance, one of my pupils had intense phobias that were quickly accompanied by rage. This led to depression, irritation, and discomfort in the stomach. Someone who feels this way is obviously not going to be particularly nice or social. This person’s demeanor changed, his moodiness subsided, and he became nicer after a few weeks of practicing Chi Self-Massage and other Tao rejuvenation practices.”Taoist Master Mantak Chia
Optimize Your Sleep With Earthing
Proper Melatonin secretion is the key when it comes to the aging process as well as health. Most of our Melatonin is inhibited by Artificial Blue Light, EMF as well as overactive cortisol hormone.
“Earthing,” also known as “Grounding,” can reduce cortisol, as well as going barefoot outdoors or using conductive devices to transmit electrons from the Earth into the body.
- Using a grounding mat
- Walking barefoot during the day or using earthing shoes
- Scan the EMF radiation levels in your bed. Research showed that being exposed to EMF for periods of time at work can affect mental health, leading to symptoms including depression, stress, anxiety, and poor sleep. Grounding protects the body from potentially harmful ambient electromagnetic radiation (EMFs).
I writing for you the best article, “Why Is Melatonin Important For Well-Being, Anxiety, And Depression? so you can understand how important melatonin is for Anxiety, and Depression.
EMF can cause inflammation, enhances inflammatory response, and inhibits the effect of antioxidant in RAW 264.7 cells.
Many diseases, including autoimmune disorders, heart disease, and cancer, are caused by inflammation. Since much many health advantages, quercetin is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory as well as prevent toxic toxicity.
Quercetin’s powerful antioxidant capabilities are likely one reason why mood-related behaviors of animals were boosted in animal trials where participants did not receive enough sleep.
According to the research, quercetin mitigated the effects of sleep deprivation on memory function, depression-like behavior, and prefrontal cortex brain cell death.
In a 2016 study, researchers show quercetin may lower mice’s manic-like behavior after 24 hours of paradoxical sleep deprivation.
In general, Grounding isn’t magic, but it is worth following.
Most people experience better, energetic feelings, as well as scientific studies show that the nervous system is stabilized when grounded.
There are also some study showed that our capacity to recover increases the longer we can ground ourselves in our daily life.
For that, daily 20 min Grounding, combined with Inner-smile Meditation and Wim Hof Breathing(as well as Cold Shower), are the BEST strategies you can implement in your life. Once you learn, they are free.