People think: “What Are The Benefits Of Living a Long Life If We Experience illness?” Yes. You are right; when I said “longevity,” I didn’t mean “living sick” life but long.
Longevity is the holistic term that involves an improved and extended quality of life as well as being healthy. And That’s why Ancient Taoist knowledge attracts me.
Taoists have looked and functioned like they were at least 20 years younger from ancient times to today. Taoist Master Mantak Chia says the possibility of people might live 120 years. Taoists cultivated a positive environment and a more passionate way of living through regular Taoist Meditations such as Qigong, Microcosmic Orbit, Inner Smile, as well as Breathings.
Nevertheless, Living a healthier, stronger life not just helps us; it also helps society and our families.
Ask the right questions: “Why Do People Don’t Want To Live A Very Long Life?” because they are traumatized by society teaching them they have limitations at certain ages.
We already have a limited time here and will die sooner or later. Living in a healthy, happy, and enthusiastic way could be good for the human experience. Isn’t it?
- You are not greedy because you want to live a healthier, longer, and better life. Actually, you are humble because you are investing in long-term strategies that sacrifice short-term rewards. (Alcohol, Excess Sugar, Even Drugs)
- The healthier and stronger you become, the more possibilities you have to help others, inspire others as well as a positive change in the world.
- You can build more wisdom and experience by living a long healthy life, and besides, you can spend more time with your families and loved ones.
- Avoid cognitive distortion such as “you can’t control your biology” now, as we discover more and more about how mitochondria cells work, SIRT Genes, and telomeres, we become more effective in fighting the aging process.
- If we can use good strategies, we are ten times more advantageous than our ancestors,
What you seek is seeking youRumi
Is Living or Desiring Long Life is Bad Thing?
Society teaches us that “living a long life isn’t a good thing” because it is a greedy way of living. But I disagree.
Living an unhealthy and short life is far more dangerous than a “long life” when it comes to Sociology, Biology, and Finance circumstances.
People make excuses about their health or age because they think they don’t have control. Yes, certain parts of your health you can’t control yet, and there are things such as genetics, accidents as well as injuries that might not be in your control.
But it doesn’t mean missing what you can control and taking responsibility for your health and well-being, Such as Exercising, Fasting, Meditation, Daily gratitude, Cold Showers, Wim Hof Breathing, Qigong, and all other things you can use to optimize your biological age as well as well-being.
“A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live.”– Lao Tzu
Don’t Always Follow Your Physical & Mental Craving
Our brain tends to be “lazy” and loves short-cut rewards than long-term sacrifice in order to achieve positive brain chemicals.
For example, sexuality can reach the deepest part of your brain, the Nucleus Accumbens, and trigger Dopamine production by consuming “Pornography,” “Smoking,” and Drugs,” as well as other types of entertainment; it can also stimulate negativity and affect our cells and genome.
The more you expose those things, the more you will experience addictions, your reward system will become insensitive, and you will want more.
However, addictions will make you a slave, and actually, you are not living your life; you are living your “habitual” life. Your habits live within you! There is a reason you don’t want to live more.
It would be best if you took control of yourself. When you have an addiction, your brain actually shrinks, and your gray matter, which is responsible for most of the logical thoughts, emotions, and brain controls, starts to decline.
If you can’t control your thoughts, you will experience losing emotional strength, clarity, and boredom in your life.
Taking Control of Your Mental Health
- Read About East and West Philosophy, Epicurus, Rumi, Lao-Tzu, and others.
- Try to Implement Meditation: Daily 10 minutes for eight weeks is okay. A 2019 study of 72 adults showed mindfulness practice time was significantly associated with reduced IL-6 levels.
- Avoid Pornography: One of the main reasons people tend to get addicted to porn movies is compulsively consuming their content – they cause a sensation of “euphoria” the brain receives by flooding it with dopamine. Our dopamine levels rise when we receive a visual sexual reward, but this causes us to seek novelty constantly. That’s why it’s important to remember that desensitization is not a good thing and should be avoided at all costs.
- Optimize Biology With Fasting, Ketones, And Sleep: Fasting can help you give distant foods and you. This will power and increase ketones production, which helps to better cognition and well-being.
- Regular Exercise: One of the best methods for longevity and emotional well-being. In my experience, exercise should be enjoyable, not a duty. So, martial arts are great for this.
- Melatonin: Melatonin is a hormone, and hormones are chemical messengers through the body. They travel in your bloodstream to tissues or organs; melatonin’s effect is far stronger than vitamins and minerals for Mental Health.
Our biological life largely depends on our proper energy level. If we deplete our energy functions through bad habits, we won’t have any energy to optimize the outside environment, our life, body, and soul.
Related: Why Is Melatonin Important For Well-Being, Anxiety, And Depression?
If You Reach High Energy, You Will Enjoy Life And Want To “Live”
Now, if you can control your life and optimize all aspects, you want to live longer, right?
Because you wanted to stay here more! And gratitude for what you see or will see.
You will experience more than ten or even 20 years in this world. You can travel, start a new language, make a new love, dance, kiss, rock-n-roll, or do whatever you want.
- Living long-lived means disease-free, healthy and strong life. Not just “ill” life for a long time.
- If you have some blockage about that, question yourself. “what kind of things do I experience now to don’t want to live longer?” because you might be depressed, anxious, fearful, or addiction some things which you might think you don’t have control over.
Beat Your Depression, And Anxiety First
Forget about living longer; first, beat your anxiety and depression. Try cognitive behavioral therapy for that and observe yourself.
People with anxiety might fear the future and be afraid of what things can’t control.
You might also believe that: “I can’t control my health!” if it challenges your thoughts and starts to search about the people such as:
- Mantak Chia
- Wim Hof
- Dr. Joseph Mercola
- Dr. Mark Hyman
And other types of role models who have a healthy lifestyle. Some of them optimize their breathing, and some of them optimize their diet or more. Whatever you can optimize, optimize it.
Related: Anxiety 101: The Essential Guide to Lower Your Anxiety
Life Isn’t Just Exercise
Now, we are facing all guys and women wanted to be a strong and better shape.
This is great for emotional as well as physical health. However, don’t forget your deep-rooted coming from wise people from our ancient times.
Not just exercise, support your Muscles as well as exercise your “Mind” and “Philosophy” by reading books such as Sociology, Philosophy, as well as Literature.
- You can’t reach a completely full-filled life just by having a strong body. Without proper perspective, Philosophy, and curiosity about nature, life, and existence, you might become a healthy “Homo Erectus,” which has a strong body and immunity but not as much wisdom.
- Higher and deeply thinking puts you into a better way of solving problems in your life, and eventually, you might start to control your environment by choosing healthy ways.
When will you begin that long journey into yourself?Rumi
Living Long-Life Doesn’t Need To Become Expensive
How can I buy those organic foods, vitamins, and other things to optimize my health?
I know people like me can’t afford “organic” or “grass-fed meat”; however, it doesn’t mean you can’t do anything about it.
- Wim Hof Breathing: The research shows that wim hof breathing can help lower pro-inflammatory IL-1beta, IL-6, and TNF alpha. These are important because they lead to protect your mitochondrial health.
- Intermittent Fasting: The modest oxidative stress caused by Fasting is what triggers the production of protective sirtuin proteins. Yet, according to research, Fasting may increase these messengers, promoting mitochondrial biogenesis and improving mitochondrial function. Intermittent Fasting is actually free. For better, you can try Dry Fasting for further Detoxification.
- Cold Shower: A one-minute cold shower in the morning is generally enough to initiate cold thermogenesis. (Cold exposure also stimulates PCG-1 alpha production—this is how cold thermogenesis helps create new mitochondria.)Your body will become less inflammatory, your mitochondria will strengthen, and you may have an even better mood for the rest of the day.
- Black Tea: Black tea, like coffee, is a popular beverage that contributes significantly to global polyphenol intake. High levels of polyphenol intake are associated with longevity, anti-aging, and mitochondrial health.
I wrote an article for “Free Alternative For Optimizing Mitochondria, And Longevity,” If you are interested, I would highly recommend it.