It’s okay if you don’t have the financial means to create the ideal healthy environment. Comparing yourself to those who have more money is not productive.
They may not understand the challenges of purchasing organic foods or supplements with a limited monthly income of around $300-$400 or if they live in a developing country.
This is a common issue as many people around the world struggle with financial limitations and cannot afford high-quality supplements, organic foods, alternative sweeteners like Stevia, or dairy alternatives like almond or coconut milk.
It’s practically hard to take those organic protein-rich foods with supplements, but don’t feel discouraged because this article will help you convert your health, and you can optimize your health, mitochondria, and longevity.
I’m here to help Optimize Your Mitochondrial health without spending tons of money. Let’s get started.
Cold Exposure For Mitochondria
Taking regular cold showers is a simple and effective way to enhance your well-being. Although it may be uncomfortable and requires mental and physical effort, it has several benefits, including reducing inflammation and optimizing mitochondrial health.
Research shows that cold water therapy stimulates the production of brown fat cells, which are high in mitochondria, rather than white fat cells. Maintaining the health of mitochondria is crucial for protecting against aging, cell damage, and inflammation.
The cold shower is a cost-free and effective method for boosting mitochondrial function by inducing AMPK and PGC-1α protein expression, which promotes the growth and improvement of mitochondria and enhances mood through the stimulation of norepinephrine.
Cold Can Stimulate Longevity Genes Thanks For Stress
Stress, when in moderate amounts, can actually have positive effects on the body. Activities like exercise, intermittent fasting, and cold showers all induce stress, which can lead to a positive adaptation in the body, making it stronger over time.
Cold exposure, in particular, has been shown to activate AMPK, promoting the growth and efficiency of mitochondria and improving mitochondrial health. This can also lead to a host of other health benefits, such as reduced inflammation, a stronger immune system, and increased pain tolerance. Regular exposure to cold temperatures and activities like intermittent fasting teach the body to operate more efficiently with fewer resources.
Brown Fats Can Helps Burn More Calorie And Boost Energy
As we talked, a cold shower increases the number of brown fats in your belly. This unique fat has different properties than our regular “white fats”. Here:
- Activating and stimulating brown fats is beneficial for thermogenesis as well as ATP (energy) production. If you have a lot of brown fat, your metabolism will be able to work more efficiently, and you will burn more calories.
- The hippocampus is a part of the brain that plays a role in memory and learning, and the hippocampus requires ATP to function better.
Wim Hof Breathing, Cold Shower, And Mitochondria
Your heart rate is directly affected by your breathing rate (breath), and gradual exposure to cold reduces the activation of the sympathetic nervous system (your fight-or-flight response). In other words, deep breathing in the cold reduces heart rate and tension in the body.
Wim Hof Breathing Can Helps Oxygen Level and Boost Mitochondria
The Wim Hof Breathing technique is another cost-effective method that anyone can implement. It has gained attention in the scientific community due to its ability to decrease the levels of inflammatory cytokines such as IL-6, CRP, and TNFa in the blood.
Additionally, this technique promotes increased oxygen intake in the cells, providing them with a healthy supply of oxygen. It also temporarily raises the blood’s alkaline state, leading to better oxygen utilization.
Don’t forget that when you use Oxygen properly, you will increase white blood cells’ job better, eventually supporting immunity and T-cells.
Some research mentions that the Wim Hof Method may boost the natural release of opioids and cannabinoids in the brain by inducing a stress-induced analgesic response in periaqueductal gray matter. This impact may improve well-being, mood, and anxiety.
Cells utilize oxygen as the final electron acceptor in the aerobic metabolism of glucose to generate ATP, which fuels the most active cellular processes.
Combine With Three: Fasting, Wim Hof Breathing, And Cold Shower
We learned Cold Shower and Wim Hof breathing is the main factors for Mitochondrial health and well-being. You can also add another pillar called “Fasting” that maximizes results, activates longevity genes, and make a strong connection between health.
Sure, another aspect of maximizing Mitochondria health is the avoid glyphosate, Limit Dairy, Grass-fed Chicken or Meat, as well as buying organic foods.
But as I said, there are actually free things you can make to optimize the mitochondrial functions we are talking about, and actually, they are far stronger than others.
Summary With Bonus
- Intermittent Fasting: The modest oxidative stress caused by Fasting is what triggers the production of protective sirtuin proteins. Yet, according to research, Fasting may increase these messengers, promoting mitochondrial biogenesis and improving mitochondrial function. Intermittent Fasting is actually free.
- Cold Shower: A one-minute cold shower in the morning is generally enough to initiate cold thermogenesis. So is bathing your face in freezing water, which I would have done more of. Your body will become less inflammatory, your mitochondria will strengthen, and you may have an even better mood for the rest of the day.
- Wim Hof Breathing: The research shows that wim hof breathing can help lower pro-inflammatory IL-1beta, IL-6, and TNF alpha. These are important because they lead to protect your mitochondrial health.
- Inner Smile Meditation: To get benefits, you need to take at least two months to see results; however, an inner smile is a gateway that helps you lower stress and improves Qi energy as well as well-being.
- Sun Exposure: Please, it is free, and the best source of vitamin D, and it improves mood, energy, Circadian rhythm, and nitric oxide production. If it’s not, vitamin D supplement isn’t expensive compared to others.
Interestingly, Fasting can help to utilize fat for fuel and support metabolic flexibility, which stimulates Mitochondrial Biogenesis. However, if you can’t use fat for fuel(ketones), your body generates a molecule called acetyl-CoA while breaking down fats— and this is one of the compounds in your body for synthesizing the Melatonin hormone.
Without metabolic flexibility, our body will be less likely to synthesize Melatonin from acetyl-CoA, cause to impair Mitochondrial efficiency and eventually damage our Mitochondrial Health.
Beta-hydroxybutyrate(Ketones) also stimulates specific receptors on cells called g-proteins.( Convert extracellular signals into intracellular which helps better Mitochondrial Health)
How About The Sleep? How Can I Optimize Without My Sleep Without Money?
The good news is that optimizing and strengthening mitochondria will boost sleep quality because Melatonin, the sleep hormone, has been assumed to be mainly synthesized by mitochondria.
Boosting mitochondrial function and sleep will increase testosterone(which helps better mood and libido), thus lowering oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain.
Other Free Methods Boost Your Mitochondria, Longevity, And Health
Chi Self-Massage And Meditation
There is increasing evidence that meditation can reduce inflammation, enhance telomere length, which affects DNA and lifespan, and stimulate gray matter in the brain. Studies have shown that mindfulness meditation can also lower cortisol levels, which can alleviate symptoms of chronic stress, depression, anxiety, digestive problems such as peptic ulcers, and migraines.
Meditation is readily accessible, with no need for special equipment or high costs, just a set of headphones and guided meditation audio.
A 2013 study by Harvard Medical School found that just 20 minutes of relaxation response practices, such as diaphragmatic breathing, body scanning, mantra repetition, and mindfulness meditation, can result in improved health outcomes, including lower blood pressure, infertility, and depression.
“Meditation is like filling up your car with premium, high-octane ‘inner fuel’ that helps to power the engine of your health. “– innerfuel.net
Taoist Chi Self-Massage
Taoists are known for their youthful appearance, a characteristic that has been noted from ancient times until the present day. According to Taoist Master Mantak Chia, individuals can live up to 120 years old through Taoist practices such as cultivating Qi, Prana, and other self-massage and rejuvenation techniques.
While science is just beginning to understand the role of energy in our cells through the study of mitochondria, the benefits of rejuvenating the senses through internal energy release have long been recognized by Taoist masters as contributing to high levels of vitality in the internal organs.
For more information, check it here: Taoist Chi Self-Massage: Does It Helpful Longevity?
Grounding: Free And Effective Health Discovery
How Many of us can Simply Touch the Soil with Our Feet?
We live on a planet abundant with natural energies, but we fail to utilize them when wearing plastic shoes fully. The ground is teeming with frequencies that pulse in ways beyond our understanding. Rarely do we consider the sand, grass, sidewalk, or earth beneath our feet as an energy source.
In developed societies, we have lost touch with our connection to the earth and forgotten the origin of electricity. Our disconnection from the earth has become all too common, yet it holds so much potential for our health and wellbeing.
- Grounding can restore the body’s natural electrical balance and rhythms, supporting the cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, and immune systems.
- The Earth itself is the original anti-inflammatory. And the planet itself is the biggest electron donor on the planet.
- Electron deficiency can cause inflammation. It corrects an electron shortage to minimize inflammation, a prevalent cause of illness. It transforms the neurological system from stress-dominated to tranquil, allowing you to sleep better.
Oh, do you think grounding is expensive? 🙂
Black Tea is Good For Mitochondria, The Brain As Well As The Gut.
Black tea is an affordable option, with just 500 grams lasting more than a month for one person. Drinking two or three cups of black tea can provide the body with L-theanine amino acid, which promotes calmness by generating alpha brain waves.
Additionally, the polyphenols present in black tea have the potential to support a healthy digestive tract by promoting the growth of beneficial gut bacteria while suppressing the growth of harmful bacteria.
According to the study, black tea enhanced and altered the diversity of the gut flora. Moreover, black tea boosts the production of numerous short-chain fatty acid (SCFA) syntheses.
For that, I would suggest the best article about
Low-Cost Alternative: Apple Cide Vinegar For Digestion
You can use a small amount of apple cider vinegar to improve digestion. It doesn’t need to be organic, but it would be best if homemade. It’s not expensive unless you will drink 1 gallon. 🙂
ACV supports protein digestion, improves mineral absorption, enhances immunity, and has other benefits, such as decreasing bloating and blood sugar balance.
Chew More: Another Simple technique For Optimizing Gut Health.
Apple Cide Vinegar and Black Tea is the simple techniques for Gut health, but another free alternative is chewing.
Chewing is a simple, yet effective technique for improving gut health and digestion. The act of chewing thoroughly releases digestive enzymes and triggers the release of gastrointestinal hormones, which can suppress hunger and help to optimize gut health.
Another benefit of chewing is that it conserves digestive enzymes for future use, making it a free and valuable tool for maintaining digestive wellness.
- Chewing more slowly may reduce the hunger hormone Ghrelin.
- Chewing more properly may allow more GLP-1 to be released, which enhances fullness.
Current evidence suggests that chewing may potentially reduce food intake and hunger by altering gut hormone responses associated with feelings of fullness.
Low-Cost Supplements: B3 For Mitochondria And Longevity
Sure, supplements are not always cheap, but there is some kind of supplement that can be affordable for most people without a problem. B3 Vitamin is one of them, for sure.
Vitamin B3, in the form of nicotinamide riboside, has shown potential as a therapeutic approach in treating adult-onset mitochondrial muscle diseases by inhibiting their progression. B3, a cheap and water-soluble supplement, is a precursor to NAD, a molecule that plays a crucial role in protecting against age-related illnesses and potentially extending lifespan.
According to the Results of Clinical Trials, Vitamin B3 Increases NAD+ Levels in Human Muscle and Blood. Patients with mitochondrial myopathy who take niacin experience improvements in their muscle strength and fatty liver symptoms.
Other Cheap Supplements Alternative For Supporting Mitochondria
- Creatine: Don’t worry, 1000 to 3.000 is enough. Creatine is a good way to improve and boost muscle mitochondria, as well as help recognize memory and reduce mental fatigue.
- NAC(N-Acetyl Cysteine): NAC isn’t expensive, and you do not need “high” dosages. Just 600 mg is okay, and you take it two days a once. NAC helps prevent oxidative stress, supports mitochondria, and helps to protect brain cells from heavy metals damage as well as regulate toxicity “glutamate” and repair reward cycles.
- Melatonin: Long before, thanks to technology, people could not find that “hormone supplement.” we found. I can say “Hormone supplement” is not always the “best choice,” but sometimes it can be. And even, it might be a better option if you have sleep deficiency. Melatonin supplement is cheap, and Melatonin is one of the most profoundly impactful Mitochondrial health.
- Caffeine: Drinking a little bit of coffee or Black tea will help to increase mitochondrial biogenesis or activity, but do not overdo it because it will affect the sleep quality more than melatonin production.
Related: Does Melatonin Counteract Caffeine?
Iron Toxicity Is Dangerous For Mitochondria
Iron toxicity is often overlooked, even within the biohacking community, despite its potential consequences.
Our modern environment exposes us to more heavy metals and toxins than ever before, which can disturb the chemical homeostasis in our brains, leading to a range of health issues. For example, excessive fluoride exposure interferes with our production of melatonin, the sleep hormone.
Iron overload, in particular, is a major concern as it leads to oxidative stress, impairs oxygen utilization, and contributes to feelings of fatigue, brain fog, and acidity.
What Is The Free Solution For That?
- Donate blood: The best strategy for optimizing your iron level and helping others is donating blood. On average, you can give 20% of your iron in just one session of blood donation, which will help to overcome iron overload.
- Exercise: If you ask yourself, “is exercise good for iron overload?” I can say YES. Exercise helps you use excess iron for energy and mitochondrial energy, and the body and muscles utilize more iron while exercising and sweating.
Donating blood can be the best strategy because it’s not just to help with “iron overload”; it actually stimulates new blood-creating processes and helps improve clean blood overall. (sure, if you feed yourself healthy foods and avoid toxins)
If You Have a Low Income, Don’t Worry. You Can Have Good Health
Don’t run away from the responsibility to reach ultimate health, strong body as well as emotional well-being. Most of the things we mentioned do not need money.
Daily 10 to 15-minute inner smile meditation, Cold Shower, Wim Hof Breathing, Grounding, Fasting, Black Tea, and even some degree of exercise(not body building) are all cost-free.
Not only can these practices improve your health, but they can also increase productivity and motivation by stimulating dopamine release and the reward system.
While incorporating high-quality supplements such as adaptogens (e.g. Rhodiola Rosea), Omega-3 fatty acids (e.g. krill oil), antioxidants (e.g. astaxanthin), and minerals (e.g. magnesium) can enhance your health further, you can still achieve wellness without them.
- Intermittent Fasting
- Cold Shower
- Wim Hof Breathing
- Checking Iron Level And Donating
For Low-Cost Supplements
- Magnesium citrate
- B3 Niacin
- NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine)
- Vitamin D ( Sun is better)
Free Therapies For Emotional Well Being
- Guided Meditation
- Cold Shower
- Wim Hof Breathing & Or another relaxing breathing exercise
- Singing a Song:)
- Taoist Chi Self Massage
I hope this article will help you to understand the logic behind it. Most of the time, we think optimizing health is expensive.
But the main health comes from the “free” or “cheapest” decisions we will make. Please, do not run away from responsibilities.