Don’t worry if you don’t have enough money to make”the best healthy environment.”
Don’t compare yourself to wealthy people’s life and your life. They might not understand how hard to buy organic foods and other supplements if you have an average 300-400$ monthly income or live in not developing country.
Most of the human population lives less than that money. And not all people can afford to take good quality supplements, organic foods, sugar alternatives(Stevia), or dairy alternatives such as Almond or Coconut Milk. Right?
It’s practically hard to take those organic protein-rich foods with supplements, but don’t feel discouraged because this article will help you convert your health, and you can optimize your health, mitochondria, and longevity.
I’m here to help Optimize Your Mitochondrial health without spending tons of money.
Cold Exposure For Mitochondria
One of the simplest and most effective methods you can emphasize yourself is a regular Cold Shower.
The cold shower is uncomfortable and requires much physical and mental effort. But many benefits arrive, such as Lowering Inflammation and Optimizing Mitochondrial health via stimulation of brown fats.
The research shows that cold water therapy triggers the production of brown fat cells (high in mitochondria) in the body rather than fat white cells. (we will cover this later)
Mitochondrial health is important when protecting yourself from aging and cell damage as well as inflammation.
The cold shower is a free and effective strategy for boosting mitochondria functions by triggering AMPK and PGC-1α protein expression, which forces mitochondrial biogenesis to grow and improve their efficiency and mood through norepinephrine stimulation.
Cold Can Stimulate Longevity Genes Thanks For Stress
Stress isn’t bad if it’s a good amount; exercising, intermittent Fasting, and cold shower can actually cause stress in the body, which leads to positive adaptation, and over time, the body gets stronger.
The good news is that regular cold exposure can stimulate some vital genetic responsibility that extends lifespan and longevity.
For mitochondrial health, AMPK is activated when exposed to cold, which in turn encourages your mitochondria to grow and become more efficient.
Positive adaptation to cold temperatures has numerous additional health advantages, such as less inflammation, a strengthened immune system, and increased tolerance to pain.
These activities teach the body to do more with fewer resources same as Intermittent Fasting.
Brown Fats Can Helps Burn More Calorie And Boost Energy
As we talked, a cold shower increases the number of brown fats in your belly. This unique fat has different properties than our regular “white fats”. Here:
- Activating and stimulating brown fats is beneficial for thermogenesis as well as ATP (energy) production. If you have a lot of brown fat, your metabolism will be able to work more efficiently, and you will burn more calories.
- The hippocampus is a part of the brain that plays a role in memory and learning, and the hippocampus requires ATP to function better.
Wim Hof Breathing, Cold Shower, And Mitochondria
Your heart rate is directly affected by your breathing rate (breath), and gradual exposure to cold reduces the activation of the sympathetic nervous system (your fight-or-flight response). In other words, deep breathing in the cold reduces heart rate and tension in the body.
Wim Hof Breathing Can Helps Oxygen Level and Boost Mitochondria
Another free method for everyone can utilize Wim Hof’s Breathing techniques. This method starts to get intentions to the science community by lowering the number of inflammatory cytokines in the blood, such as IL-6, CRP, and TNFa.
The great thing about Wim Hof’s breathing is that it supports oxygen intake in the cells, which can help fulfill the cells with oxygen. (Wim Hof Breathing also makes blood temporary alkaline state, which better oxygen utilize)
Don’t forget that when you use Oxygen properly, you will increase white blood cells’ job better, eventually supporting immunity and T-cells.
Some research mentions that the Wim Hof Method may boost the natural release of opioids and cannabinoids in the brain by inducing a stress-induced analgesic response in periaqueductal gray matter. This impact may improve well-being, mood, and anxiety.
Cells utilize oxygen as the final electron acceptor in the aerobic metabolism of glucose to generate ATP, which fuels the most active cellular processes.
Combine With Three: Fasting, Wim Hof Breathing, And Cold Shower
We learned Cold Shower and Wim Hof breathing is the main factors for Mitochondrial health and well-being. You can also add another pillar called “Fasting” that maximizes results, activates longevity genes, and make a strong connection between health.
Sure, another aspect of maximizing Mitochondria health is the avoid glyphosate, Limit Dairy, Grass-fed Chicken or Meat, as well as buying organic foods.
But as I said, there are actually free things you can make to optimize the mitochondrial functions we are talking about, and actually, they are far stronger than others.
Summary With Bonus
- Intermittent Fasting: The modest oxidative stress caused by Fasting is what triggers the production of protective sirtuin proteins. Yet, according to research, Fasting may increase these messengers, promoting mitochondrial biogenesis and improving mitochondrial function. Intermittent Fasting is actually free.
- Cold Shower: A one-minute cold shower in the morning is generally enough to initiate cold thermogenesis. So is bathing your face in freezing water, which I would have done more of. Your body will become less inflammatory, your mitochondria will strengthen, and you may have an even better mood for the rest of the day.
- Wim Hof Breathing: The research shows that wim hof breathing can help lower pro-inflammatory IL-1beta, IL-6, and TNF alpha. These are important because they lead to protect your mitochondrial health.
- Inner Smile Meditation: To get benefits, you need to take at least two months to see results; however, an inner smile is a gateway that helps you lower stress and improves Qi energy as well as well-being.
- Sun Exposure: Please, it is free, and the best source of vitamin D, and it improves mood, energy, Circadian rhythm, and nitric oxide production. If it’s not, vitamin D supplement isn’t expensive compared to others.
Interestingly, Fasting can help to utilize fat for fuel and support metabolic flexibility, which stimulates Mitochondrial Biogenesis. However, if you can’t use fat for fuel(ketones), your body generates a molecule called acetyl-CoA while breaking down fats— and this is one of the compounds in your body for synthesizing the Melatonin hormone.
Without metabolic flexibility, our body will be less likely to synthesize Melatonin from acetyl-CoA, cause to impair Mitochondrial efficiency and eventually damage our Mitochondrial Health.
Beta-hydroxybutyrate(Ketones) also stimulates specific receptors on cells called g-proteins.( Convert extracellular signals into intracellular which helps better Mitochondrial Health)
How About The Sleep? How Can I Optimize Without My Sleep Without Money?
The good news is that optimizing and strengthening mitochondria will boost sleep quality because Melatonin, the sleep hormone, has been assumed to be mainly synthesized by mitochondria.
Boosting mitochondrial function and sleep will increase testosterone(which helps better mood and libido), thus lowering oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain.
Other Free Methods Boost Your Mitochondria, Longevity, And Health
Chi Self-Massage And Meditation
There is growing evidence showing that meditation helps lower inflammation, helps telomeres responsible for DNA and lifespan, and stimulates gray matter in the brain.
Some studies show that Mindfulness meditation also reduces cortisol levels, which is good, especially if you experience chronic stress and stress-related symptoms such as mental disorders such as depression and anxiety, digestion problems such as peptic ulcers, and migraines.
What is good about Meditation is free to learn. You don’t have to put a high price for that, or need special things to afford it. You need just headphones and guided meditation audio.
According to a 2013 Harvard Medical School study, people who practiced just twenty minutes of “relaxation response”—which included diaphragmatic breathing, body scan, mantra repetition, and mindfulness meditation—experienced several health benefits, including lower blood pressure, lower infertility, and lower depression.
“Meditation is like filling up your car with premium, high-octane ‘inner fuel’ that helps to power the engine of your health. “– innerfuel.net
Taoist Chi Self-Massage
Taoists have always looked and also been able to appear at least twenty years younger than their actual age. This has been true from ancient times to the present day. Taoist Master Mantak Chia says that people can live up to 120 years.
Furthermore, modern science has yet to understand the part of this activity of cultivating Qi, Prana, or other Taoist practices. Even Still, science is only now beginning to understand how energy works in our cells via “mitochondria” and the miracles of human existence.
Regardless, practicing self-massage and rejuvenation techniques targeting releasing its own internal energy, or chi, energizing and rejuvenating the sense organs (eyes, ears, nose, tongue, and skin).
From the Taoist perspective, internal organs were one of the factors that contributed to their high level of vitality, according to the Taoist masters.
For more information, check it here: Taoist Chi Self-Massage: Does It Helpful Longevity?
Grounding: Free And Effective Health Discovery
How Many can us simply touch soil on their feet?
We live on a planet overflowing with natural energies, but we don’t use that energy properly when we have plastic shoes on our feet. Its surface is closely populated with frequencies that pulse in ways most people don’t understand. Who considers the sand, grass, sidewalk, or Earth beneath their feet an energy field?
So no one knows that we are mostly cut off from the Earth and no longer connected to it. In developed societies, especially, we have forgotten where electricity came from.
- Grounding can restore the body’s natural electrical balance and rhythms, supporting the cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, and immune systems.
- The Earth itself is the original anti-inflammatory. And the planet itself is the biggest electron donor on the planet.
- Electron deficiency can cause inflammation. It corrects an electron shortage to minimize inflammation, a prevalent cause of illness. It transforms the neurological system from stress-dominated to tranquil, allowing you to sleep better.
Oh, do you think grounding is expensive? 🙂
Black Tea is Good For Mitochondria, The Brain As Well As The Gut.
Black tea isn’t expensive. I mean, just 500 gr of Black tea is enough for more than one month for one person.
However, Two or three cups of black tea can support you get L-theanine amino acid, and it helps you get a calmer state by producing alpha brain waves.
Also, the polyphenols that are included in black tea have the potential to assist in the maintenance of a healthy digestive tract by stimulating the expansion of beneficial gut bacteria while simultaneously suppressing the expansion of pathogenic gut bacteria.
According to the study, black tea enhanced and altered the diversity of the gut flora. Moreover, black tea boosts the production of numerous short-chain fatty acid (SCFA) syntheses.
For that, I would suggest the best article about
Low-Cost Alternative: Apple Cide Vinegar For Digestion
You can use a small amount of apple cider vinegar to improve digestion. It doesn’t need to be organic, but it would be best if homemade. It’s not expensive unless you will drink 1 gallon. 🙂
ACV supports protein digestion, improves mineral absorption, enhances immunity, and has other benefits, such as decreasing bloating and blood sugar balance.
Chew More: Another Simple technique For Optimizing Gut Health
Apple Cide Vinegar and Black Tea is the simple techniques for Gut health, but another free alternative is chewing.
Chewing is one of the most important strategies for optimizing your gut health and digestion. Why?
Chewing helps to save “digestive enzymes.” for future use, and chewing your meal completely may change the release of gastrointestinal hormones that lower hunger.
- Chewing more slowly may reduce the hunger hormone Ghrelin.
- Chewing more properly may allow more GLP-1 to be released, which enhances fullness.
Evidence today suggests the possibility that chewing reduces food intake and self-reported hunger, potentially by altering gut hormones’ responses to fullness.
Low-Cost Supplements: B3 For Mitochondria And Longevity
Sure, supplements are not always cheap, but there is some kind of supplement that can be affordable for most people without a problem. B3 Vitamin is one of them, for sure.
According to recent findings, the form of vitamin B3 known as nicotinamide riboside can inhibit the progression of mitochondrial disease, indicating that it has the potential to be used as an innovative therapeutic approach to treat adult-onset mitochondrial muscle diseases.
Why is B3 important?
B3 is an important water-soluble and cheap supplement that is the precursor of NAD.
NAD precursors protect against a variety of illnesses that are related to aging. Increasing an organism’s NAD metabolism can result in a longer lifespan for that creature.
According to the Results of Clinical Trials, Vitamin B3 Increases NAD+ Levels in Human Muscle and Blood. Patients with mitochondrial myopathy who take niacin experience improvements in their muscle strength and fatty liver symptoms.
Other Cheap Supplements Alternative For Supporting Mitochondria
- Creatine: Don’t worry, 1000 to 3.000 is enough. Creatine is a good way to improve and boost muscle mitochondria, as well as help recognize memory and reduce mental fatigue.
- NAC(N-Acetyl Cysteine): NAC isn’t expensive, and you do not need “high” dosages. Just 600 mg is okay, and you take it two days a once. NAC helps prevent oxidative stress, supports mitochondria, and helps to protect brain cells from heavy metals damage as well as regulate toxicity “glutamate” and repair reward cycles.
- Melatonin: Long before, thanks to technology, people could not find that “hormone supplement.” we found. I can say “Hormone supplement” is not always the “best choice,” but sometimes it can be. And even, it might be a better option if you have sleep deficiency. Melatonin supplement is cheap, and Melatonin is one of the most profoundly impactful Mitochondrial health.
- Caffeine: Drinking a little bit of coffee or Black tea will help to increase mitochondrial biogenesis or activity, but do not overdo it because it will affect the sleep quality more than melatonin production.
Related: Does Melatonin Counteract Caffeine?
Iron Toxicity Is Dangerous For Mitochondria
Our world today exposes us to significantly more heavy metals and toxins than we have ever been exposed to. These heavy metals directly impact your health and well-being by disturbing your Brain’s Chemical Homeostasis. (For example, excessive fluoride exposure affects our Melatonin Sleep Hormone production)
Iron overload exists when your body stores an excessive amount of iron. Iron attacking the cells creates oxidative stress far more than any other when it happens and impairs oxygen utilization.
If you can’t properly use oxygen, you will become more acidic, feel tired, and even have cognitive problems such as brain fog.
What Is The Free Solution For That?
- Donate blood: The best strategy for optimizing your iron level and helping others is donating blood. On average, you can give 20% of your iron in just one session of blood donation, which will help to overcome iron overload.
- Exercise: If you ask yourself, “is exercise good for iron overload?” I can say YES. Exercise helps you use excess iron for energy and mitochondrial energy, and the body and muscles utilize more iron while exercising and sweating.
Donating blood can be the best strategy because it’s not just to help with “iron overload”; it actually stimulates new blood-creating processes and helps improve clean blood overall. (sure, if you feed yourself healthy foods and avoid toxins)
If You Have a Low Income, Don’t Worry. You Can Have Good Health
Don’t run away from the responsibility to reach ultimate health, strong body as well as emotional well-being. Most of the things we mentioned do not need money.
Daily 10 to 15-minute inner smile meditation, Cold Shower, Wim Hof Breathing, Grounding, Fasting, Black Tea, and even some degree of exercise(not body building) are all cost-free.
Even they can help with more money thanks to increased productivity and motivation stimulation of dopamine as well as a reward system.
Additionally, if you can change, it would be best the take some of the advantages of using a high-quality supplement such as adaptogens such as Rhodiola Rosea and Omega-3 fatty acids such as krill oils, antioxidant: Astaxanthin, minerals Magnesium, or others, but without them still, you can be okay.
- Intermittent Fasting
- Cold Shower
- Wim Hof Breathing
- Checking Iron Level And Donating
For Low-Cost Supplements
- Magnesium citrate
- B3 Niacin
- NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine)
- Vitamin D ( Sun is better)
Free Therapies For Emotional Well Being
- Guided Meditation
- Cold Shower
- Wim Hof Breathing & Or another relaxing breathing exercise
- Singing a Song:)
- Taoist Chi Self Massage
I hope this article will help you to understand the logic behind it. Most of the time, we think optimizing health is expensive.
But the main health comes from the “free” or “cheapest” decisions we will make. Please, do not run away from responsibilities.