Neuroscience is starting to grow, and we discover new things about how our brain’s chemical pathways, neurons, receptors, and emotions work.
However, there are tons of neurochemicals involved in mood and emotions. Main brain chemicals involve:
In addition to oxytocin, there are other hormones that work together to ensure our well-being. These are the most important happy makers and their effects:
|Oxytocin||Social hormone||increases the feeling of trust and commitment, reduces stress|
|Serotonin||Happiness hormone||improves mood, reduces feelings of anxiety|
|strengthens the inner drive and motivation|
|Adrenaline and noradrenaline||Courage hormones||ensure short-term, positive stress, increase concentration and the willingness to act|
|Endorphins||Energy and Pain relief hormones||inhibit the perception of pain, increase motivation|
|Phenylethylamine||Love hormone||increases the feeling of pleasure and the feeling of being in love|
These are the just essential step when it comes to optimizing brain health. Also, melatonin is a crucial hormone to optimize dopamine, serotonin, and even oxytocin levels.
Another essential brain mood regulator, such as BDNF, is crucial for mood.
We will discuss how to optimize brain chemicals, especially Oxytocin, in this article.
- Physiological well-being is mainly affected by neurotransmitters. Our bodies secrete these feel-good chemicals through glands and hormones.
- Fight-or-flight response affects your hormonal level, heart rate, and neurochemicals in the prefrontal cortex.
- Amino acids play a significant role in neurotransmitters level and synaptic pathway
- Brain cells also stimulated by fasting, exercise, and meditation
Melatonin is also an essential hormone for optimizing dopamine, serotonin, and even oxytocin levels.
What is Oxytocin?
Oxytocin is one of the hormones secreted by the pituitary glands in the body. Oxytocin is an essential hormone for sexual health and emotional health.
Yet, women often suffer from low oxytocin levels or are experiencing diminished intimacy levels due to a lack of intimacy with their partners.
Low Oxytocin can negatively impact your relationship with your partner and your ability to function as a couple.
Oxytocin hormone, also known as the ‘love hormone’ in society, can affect behavior, especially in women, and can show itself with powerful effects.
- Testosterone affects our brain chemicals, prolactin level, sexual activity, and oxytocins level.
- The nucleus accumbens is an important place in our brain that deals with rewarding activity. Drugs and alcohol stimulate this brain area to give us that feeling of enjoyment.
- The oxytocin hormone level imbalance affects reproductive levels and moods.
Oxytocin hormone, also known as the “attachment hormone,” can change how people act, especially women, and have substantial effects.
Stress Response, Emotional Regulating System, And Oxytocin Hormone Levels
We are emotional creatures. But why do we have these emotions, and what are the benefits?
Emotions help us survive, motivate, protect and feel. Emotions help create trust with other species, leading to a better society.
Certain chemicals are essential when it comes to emotions.
For example, having a certain amount of Oxytocin in your blood can affect your emotional and cognitive behavior. that’s the cause:
- Psychological stability
These are great when it comes to becoming more social and calmer. (source)
- Stress-reduction activity affects emotional well-being. Feel-good hormones are secret when you are doing meditation, hugging your loved one, and exercising.
- Acute stress isn’t bad, but chronic stress causes emotional stress and leads to high blood sugar and other stress-related problems.
- Anxious thoughts and high cortisol can cause Premature ejaculation. Optimizing your brain to become calm, relaxed, and becoming in the moment will lower the risk of premature ejaculation caused by psychological stress.
Emotions help us live, keep us going, keep us safe, and help us feel. Emotions help people trust each other, which makes society better.
Antidepressants Benefits Of Oxycoin Molecule To Cope Being Loneliness
Oxytocin can induce anti-stress-like effects such as reduction of blood pressure and cortisol levels
Disclosure of emotional events gives people the message of trust. People who take oxytocin share more emotional details and stories when describing an adverse event.
- The cerebral cortex, specifically the anterior insular cortex, is important for empathy. Oxytocin improves empathy behavior in healthy men.
- Oxytocin can effectively inhibit fear responses by inhibiting amygdala activation.
- Oxytocin increases confidence.
Some animal studies show that Oxytocin stops the body from getting used to drugs like opiates, cocaine, and alcohol, making withdrawal symptoms less severe.
Yet, these effects are significant when it comes to fighting addictive behavior.
How to Increase Oxytocin Hormone?
There are the things you can increase oxytocin levels.
First, the hormone oxytocin can be taken externally as a supplement.
However, consuming foods containing this hormone is one of the ways to increase the hormone level.
You should note that some vital factors can also increase hormones. Here are some examples of factors that increase Oxytocin:
- Socializing, Social-support, and communicating with people can help release another Oxytocin hormone.
- Being kind to others is excellent for increasing boosting Oxytocin. University of British Columbia study found that people who performed acts of kindness were significantly happier than those who did not.
- Sexual interaction and orgasm increase hormone secretion; however, better orgasms will lead to a more oxytocin level. Increasing testosterone levels may help you better orgasm, improve libido and self-confidence, reduce depression, and allow you to feel more energized throughout the day. Optimizing Testosterone also helps enhances mitochondrial muscle biogenesis, which helps your cells and immunity, potentially slowing down the aging process.
- Activities that the person enjoys are also included in this list. Most activities that tend to increase Oxytocin are wrestling or Brazilian jiu-jitsu. While wrestling, you are hugging and touching people, which leads to interaction subconsciously with others.
- Owning a Pet: One of the ways simple ways to increase Oxytocin is to have a pet. Pets are great for lowering cortisol levels and funny creatures.
- Falling in love is also on this list. Some studies have also proved that falling in love increases hormones such as dopamine and oxycontin. Yet, you can also remember the positive memories that lead to increased serotonin.
- As we talked about, remembering good memories also increases the oxytocin hormone level in the body.
Also, nipple stimulation helps increase oxytocin levels in a woman or even a man. However, if you want to better orgasm and improve erectile functions, you might try prostate massage with a partner, why? Massage may feel fantastic even if you don’t have an orgasm since nerve endings surround the prostate, and the prostate is connected to brain nerves.
Prostate massage is commonly used for sexual pleasure because it’s men’s G point. However, it may also help men with enlarged prostates, prostatitis, and other conditions. It enhances blood flow to the prostate, allowing the gland to create a fluid that combines with sperm and boosts circulation.
If you want to increase the oxytocin level of your girlfriend, touching and stimulating her nipple is an excellent way.
Hugging, The Power of A Hug On Our Nervous System
The study found that hugging reduces conflict and increase oxytocin level. Yet, this finding only applies to close relationships, not all relationships. If you’re lonely or depressed, a hug can help. It can relieve stress, pain, and depression, and make you feel calmer. (source)
Getting hugs is important, but choosing someone to hug is crucial. Research shows that people who regularly receive hugs are less likely to get sick. A good hug can lower cortisol, which is harmful to the body. So, even if it’s just an awkward goodbye or a quick hug, hugging is good. (source)
Physiology Says: The Benefical Effects of Oxytocin in Males
Oxytocin also increases male sexual energy and libido via increasing nitric oxide production. Nitric oxide can help the blood follow and increase erection levels, and protein synthesis, decrease muscle soreness, boost exercise performance, lower blood pressure and better brain function
Oxytocin and dopamine are two main brain chemicals for the sexual driver in men. High dopamine level helps increase arousal levels; Oxytocin also increases empathy and emotional behavior and improves vasodilation, which leads to a better erection!
Oxytocin increases improves vasodilation, which leads to a better erection.
Low Oxytocin in Females
Also, the study shows that oxytocin deficiency in female mice leads to lowering social interest and lower sex drive. and sexual relationships. (source)
Other things that Oxytocin helps to reduce inflammation by reducing specific cytokines. Thus, increased release of Oxytocin follows health benefits.
Does Oxytocin make your bond with your partner?
It will increase trust partner each other. However, You can’t associate bonding or other things with just one chemical theory. There are many things involved in bonding—your culture, looking at relationships, cognitive thoughts or distortion, belief system, etc. You might have a high level of Oxytocin, but it doesn’t mean you will fall in love or bond with your partner or vice versa.
Is that mean if you have low chemicals in your brain, you will do everything?
Of course not. But we can’t ignore chemicals’ role too.
Does Oxytocin increase jealousy?
Jealousy is primarily rooted in our default settings. Some people might experience more jealousy than others. Yet, the cultural behavior and cognitive distortions lead to increase jealousy. Specific chemical deficiency also leads to anxiety and obsession than jealousy thoughts. Oxytocin increases satiety with your partner even though you can love your partner’s smell more! You can feel more connected to your partner, so it lower jealousy.
How Can I Increase Oxytocin in My Girlfriends?
Taoist sexual practices such as kissing her ear, especially playing with her nipple, are best to increase oxytocin levels. Also, women tend to secrete more Oxytocin when relaxed and trusted. Make sure she is comfortable and feels relaxed.
Can Oxytocin make you fall in love?
No. Oxytocin helps your get more comfortable and relaxed. However, it doesn’t mean you can fall in love. Love is complex; other chemicals such as dopamine and serotonin are involved in that situation. Also, sexual behavior plays an important when it comes to love. Besides, skin harmony is another more complex factor in falling in love. There is not just one chemical involved in love.
What causes intense chemistry with someone
Fall in love is too many factors that involve gut feelings, serotonin, and even spiritual level. We can’t just say one chemical causes intense. Yet, dopamine and adrenaline play a significant role in excited and intense chemistry. Hence, Oxytocin is just a tiny piece of a big puzzle.
How About A Long-Distance Relationship?
Some research suggests that when people do sexting, it might increase their oxytocin level. However, if it becomes excessive, it will lead to adverse effects. Excessive porn addiction leads to dopamine deficiency, so we should be careful.
If you have a long-distance relationship, do not excessive sexting more than 1 or 2 times a week.
Is Oxytocin addictive?
Not at all; Oxytocin is a safe and effective way to overcome other addictions such as alcohol and smoking. Yet, Oxytocin also helps you become more social and increase friendships.
Which Supplements Or Nutrition Increase Oxytocin?
There are things such as Vitamin D that helps increase the secretion of Oxytocin.
Also, melatonin is a great way to increase Oxytocin. The way of increasing melatonin is related to serotonin.
Other techniques such as lowering cortisol levels help absorb more Oxytocin. Yet, supplements such as Rhodiola Rosea or adaptogens can be helpful in that regard.
The main benefit of Oxytocin is lowering stress levels. As we know, high stress associated with
- Sleep deprivation leads to lower melatonin production
- Anxiety and depression
- Belly fats
- Low energy
These are primarily chronic stress-related symptoms people experience. Yet, Oxytocin is excellent for fighting overall stress levels.
Related: Anxiety 101: The Essential Guide to Lower Your Anxiety
If you want to optimize your overall stress level, you might want other strategies such as:
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Adaptogens such as Rhodiola Rosea
- Minerals such as magnesium and potassium
- Exercises such as running or wrestling
- Using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for lowering stress
- Deep sleep
These methods are great for lowering stress and increasing stress resilience.
Does hugging release Oxytocin?
Yes, when you hug, you can increase your oxytocin level. Yet, it doesn’t mean hugging everyone increases Oxytocin. If you have high trust in another person, you might feel more body oxytocin levels.
What Foods Contain Oxytocin?
In general, it is possible to note that foods containing vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, and D increase the level of oxytocin hormone.
Here is the list of foods that help increase oxytocin levels via high-level nutrition:
- Milk and milk products
- All green leafy vegetables
- Red pepper
- Wheat, rice, rye, and oats
Nutrition-rich foods can help your natural production of the oxytocin hormone.
- Oxytocin is the cuddle hormone, bonding hormone, and mother-child hormone.
- In addition to other messenger substances, Oxytocin has the power to regulate our emotional responses and pro-social behaviors, including trust, empathy, gazing, positive memories, processing of bonding cues, and positive communication
- Oxytocin acts as a neurotransmitter directly in the brain and triggers a positive feeling.
- The hormone oxytocin plays a role before, during, and after birth.
- Triggered by pleasant sensory perceptions, the effect of Oxytocin unfolds: it reduces stress, activates the reward system, and thus ensures well-being.
- Oxytocin can strengthen interpersonal trust and empathy, relax and increase self-confidence.
- An excess of Oxytocin can lead to rivalry and exclusion.
- Oxytocin levels can be increased by doing things that stimulate different senses and that you find pleasurable.
We learned that oxytocin is an essential hormone for physical and mental health.
Low oxytocin can hurt your relationship with your partner and make it hard for you to work together as a couple.
Optimizing oxytocin isn’t hard as your things, and we tried all the possibilities to help in that regard
Optimize Your Body, Life, and Soul